Reaction Engines has a unique opportunity for a strong Advanced Manufacturing Specialist that can help define advanced manufacturing activities required to deliver a pioneering class of engine as we move forward to production stage of our development programme. The successful candidate will have a track record implementing and defining new materials and processes which have delivered significant benefits to the business throughout the product life cycle.
The post-holder will be responsible technically for implementing new advanced materials and process and providing quality assurance into the business. Defining and managing materials and processes of production activities to ensure the manufacturability of the product with the required specification, compliance with design intent, safety and quality/costs/time objectives, both on site, or at suppliers.
The role will define the materials and manufacturing processes required to bring our concepts through development to production and sub-assemblies, bridging design concepts and detailed drawings through to manufacturing and assembly.
The individual will implement the tool sets to drive the business including, FMEAs and effective root cause analysis to ensure we have a robust repeatable manufacturing processes, and quickly resolve any deviations in the expected outcome.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Accountable for the technical development of the manufacturing processes
- Accountable for the technical signoff of manufacturing processes and materials
- Lead heat exchanger manufacturing research to improve production yield whilst reducing defects and cost
- Accountable for developing, monitoring and documenting heat exchanger manufacturing processes
- Control and definition of advance joining techniques and material selection
- Responsible for the development and definition of assembly processes and procedures
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining manufacturing quality system and external ISO 9001 compliance
- Technical oversight of manufacturing failure 8D root-cause investigations and ensuring that lessons learned are implemented.
- Implement and run tool sets including FMEAs and RCA
- Working with external suppliers
- Communicating status of manufacturing activities to senior management
- Summarise data collection and report writing
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will have a strong manufacturing and processes engineer background with sufficient gravitas to inspire and give confidence to both colleagues and customers. It is essential that he/she has experience of creating world class manufacturing processes from scratch.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in advanced manufacturing with an engineering degree (ME or equivalent)
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes such as joining, metal forming, additive etc. with a hands on approach to experimentation and testing.
- Excellent understanding of production process and quality control
- Excellent understanding of engineering drawings/specifications
- Strong influencing skills are essential and must compliment credibility
- Energetic, resourceful, resilient, flexible, a completer/finisher but a team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to energise a high-performing, matrixed team
- Able to represent the company in discussions with customers, suppliers and partners
- Ability to achieve targets and use innovative solutions to rectify issues
- Personally motivated with a task oriented approach, ability to achieve objectives with right balance of self-initiative and calling on support where appropriate (key contact point for external legal advice)
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team towards common goals
- Skilled in problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple assignments
- Good time keeping
- Flexible and proactive approach in order to get work done
- Motivated to deliver excellent customer service
- Discretion to manage confidential data
- Reliable and honest
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to Recruitment@reactionengines.co.uk quoting reference number 202/2019.
Closing date 03/03/19.
Please include the following details in your email application for export control purposes. Please note that if this information is not included, we will not be able to proceed with your application.
- Current notice period
- Place of birth
- Nationality (including any dual nationalities)
- Citizenships (including ones which are no longer held)
- Countries where permanent residencies are held
- Salary expectation
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies