We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to help us further research our turbomachinery aerothermal design and optimisation capabilities to develop new and exciting technology.
Using Matlab, Python or other programmes/software codes, we are constantly developing our in-house tolls to design and optimise the most innovative multi-fluid turbomachines for our Synergetic Air Breathing Rocket Engine (SABRE).
You will help define new, as well as improve existing approaches on complex design problems looking to balance, aerothermal efficiency and durability.
During the placement you will work with our small dynamic Turbomachinery department to:
- Develop and improve methods around aerodynamic and aerofoil geometry definition and optimisation for turbomachinery
- Define and establish an approach for multidisciplinary design optimisation of complex multi-fluid turbomachinery
- Aeronautical or Mechanical background
- Understands and appreciates fluid dynamics and basic gas turbine principles
- Strong analytical mind-set and competent at working with programming languages
- Enthusiastic approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and reporting
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to Recruitment@reactionengines.co.uk quoting reference number 198/2018.
Closing date 25/01/2019
Please include the following details in your email application for export control purposes, please note that if this information is not included, we will not be able to proceed with your application
- Current notice period
- Nationality (including any dual nationalities)
- Place of Birth
- Citizenships (including ones that are no longer held)
- Countries where Permanent residencies are held
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies