Reaction Engines is looking for an enthusiastic mechanical design engineer to start as soon as possible. The role is to take initial concepts through to full detailed design, including validation and creation of manufacturing/ assembly specifications.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Design Support of various development projects within REL
- Verification/ analysis of designs
- Generate 3D models and 2D engineering drawings for manufacture and assembly
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering experience considered
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Experienced generating engineering drawings to BS 8888 and GD & T
- Able to produce basic hand calculations to validate mechanical designs
- Conversant designing for low volume manufacture and assembly
Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent organisational skills including effective prioritisation of tasks to meet project milestones
- Ability to work equally well on own initiative or as part of a team
- Able to work in a quick paced, creative environment
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines core values:
Closing date 16/06/2019.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to Recruitment@reactionengines.co.uk quoting reference number 211/2019.
Please include the following details in your application for export control purposes, please note that if this information is not included, we will not be able to proceed with your application:
- Current notice period
- Nationality (including any dual nationalities)
- Place of birth
- Citizenships (including ones that are no longer held)
- Countries where Permanent residencies are held
- Salary expectation
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies