Pioneering innovation. Seamless teamwork. Unparalleled skill. Our people have always been our most valuable asset. They’re brilliant problem solvers who believe challenges are opportunities. We take pride in attracting the industry’s brightest minds and it is their diverse set of skills, personalities, and experiences that will help us achieve our ambitious goal. Sound good so far?
Then join us on our epic journey.
Reaction Engines is looking for a motivated and experienced Electrical Technician to join our exciting business.
To provide electrical engineering skills to a variety of R&D projects and assist Facilities in maintaining and modifying the site infrastructure. The role will include construction, installation and testing of control panels and rigs; assembly and integration including field wiring; design, installation and commissioning of LV power systems; occasional off-site integration and testing of systems. The Electrical Technician will help the design team produce drawings and documents to ensure quality is to the highest standards, and will also assist with support and education for apprentices.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Construct control panels from designs to the specified standards
- Perform the installation and testing of systems
- Assist with maintenance and changes to electrical assets of the business
- Assist designing LV systems and control systems
- Participate with installation and commissioning both on and off site
- Assist with support and education for apprentices
- Establish develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Reaction Engines’ corporate objectives
- Observe and comply with all company policies and procedures and for Health and Safety at Work
- Observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Control panel fabrication, wiring, and testing
- Industrial circuit design
- Programmable logic (ladder) reading and manipulation
- Fault finding
- 2D CAD (electrical schematic understanding and creation)
- Understanding of control system instrumentation and cable types
- Programmable logic (ladder) creation and Human Machine Interface creation
- Specification and design document creation
- 3D CAD for design and creation of BOM’s
- Understanding of CE machinery standards such as BS60204
- Understanding of Safety of Machinery (BS EN 61508, 61511, or 13849)
- Electrical installations and testing to BS7671
- Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- ONC/HNC equivalent or better in an electrotechnical discipline
Skills and Behaviours
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead a small team
- Integrate well with wider teams
- Extremely organised
- Drive for continuous improvement
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days after 2 years’ service) plus public holidays, employee share scheme, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age. We also offer dynamic working where employees split their time working from home and from our office in Culham (average 2 days per week).
Salary: £33,000 to £38,000
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference 041-2021 - Electrical Technician
Closing Date: 26 October 2021
< Back to Vacancies