Reaction Engines is looking for a candidate who has gained a Level 3 award in Electrical/Electronic engineering and is looking to develop their career further. The role will be to aid, develop and implement the electronic systems of the SABRE (Synergetic Air Breathing Rocket Engine) including interfaces, sensors and instrumentation, power and control systems.
The person needs to possess an excellent work ethic and most importantly they need a genuine interest in electronics coupled with a strong passion for helping others. With excellent attention to detail, strong team player ability in conjunction with good people and communication skills. This role will be undertaken by a practical element and theory element with one day a week being based at college working towards a level apprenticeship.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering team leader the role will include:
· Providing electronic solutions in support of the demo engine control, power and instrumentation systems.
· Working closely with in-house engineering teams (mechanical design, materials & structures, advanced manufacturing and production) to provide electronics support and design.
· Be responsible for electronic implementation for instrumentation, control and power systems.
· 4 GCSEs including Maths or English at 4/C or above, plus one of the following.
· 1 A Level pass in either Maths or Physics (or closely related subject)
· BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. It would be advantageous if students have achieved a merit in the Further Maths unit.
· Any other qualification deemed equivalent.
Skills and Behaviors
· Positive and flexible attitude to get the job done
· Strong can-do approach to work
· Able to work equally well unsupervised or as part of a team
· Able to work across multi-disciplined functions
· Must be able to communicate at all levels of the business and with suppliers and customers
· Must be adaptable to new projects and design directions
Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines core values:
Please send you’re Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter to Recruitment@reactionengines.co.uk quoting reference number 199/2018.
Closing date 25/01/2019
Please include the following details in your email application for export control purposes, please note that if this information is not included, we will not be able to proceed with your application
- Current notice period
- Nationality (including any dual nationalities)
- Place of Birth
- Citizenships (including ones that are no longer held)
- Countries where Permanent residencies are held
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies