Pioneering innovation. Seamless teamwork. Unparalleled skill. Our people have always been our most valuable asset. They’re brilliant problem solvers who believe challenges are opportunities. We take pride in attracting the industry’s brightest minds and it is their diverse set of skills, personalities, and experiences that will help us achieve our ambitious goal. Sound good so far?
Then join us on our epic journey.
Reaction Engines is looking for a proactive and influential Financial Analyst to join our Project Finance Team.
We have an opportunity for a business focused Financial Analyst to manage, co-ordinate and deliver accurate and timely finance information. This includes the production of accounts, budgeting, forecasting and financials with the aim of improving financial control of programmes, projects and business development opportunities within the company. This is an exciting and challenging position within a fast-paced, hugely ambitious and growing business and reports into the Project Finance Manager.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide financial support to the project teams, finance team and business development teams, acting as the central point of contact between the Finance function and Programmes department
- Preparing monthly financial information and analysis for projects to explain actual financial performance and incorporate up to date forecasting from the Programmes team for subsequent periods to ensure our best and up to date view on costs to completion for our projects
- Tracking progress of project activities and milestones to enable appropriate project financial accounting for revenue recognition, cost recognition and billing
- Working with project managers to prepare robust financial budgets and forecasts and understanding the financial implications and outcomes of project activities
- Preparing monthly financial information in conjunction with the project teams to understand future company and engineering resource demand & forecast profiles, external and internal engineering spend and actuals
- Clear reconciliation of project accounting to financial accounting as a key internal control
- Project standing data set-up and management in the system to ensure accurate reporting and system integrity
- Working with the finance team members to drive continuous improvement in our financial management practices and financial awareness across the business
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Reaction Engines’ corporate objectives
- Observe and comply with all company policies and procedures and for Health and Safety at Work
- Observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Have experience in a similar role and environment, in particular with an Engineering / Manufacturing operation
- Have confidence in communicating with various levels of authority throughout the business
- Be analytical, detail-focused with demonstrable experience of financial modelling
- Professional, confident and mature approach
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience or interest in learning Access database
- CIMA / ACCA part-qualified or QBE with a strong background in project accounting
Skills and Behaviours
- Relationship building
- Influencing and communicating effectively
- Works with integrity and honesty
- Can do attitude and ability to work to own initiative
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age. We also offer dynamic working where employees split their time working from home and from our office in Culham (average 2 days per week).
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference 034-2021 – Financial Analyst
< Back to Vacancies