Reaction Engines is looking for a positive and strong Head of Supply Chain to lead a team and define and share the supply chain strategy capable of delivering the complex needs of SABRE and Applied technologies programmes. Building a strong operationally focused team to deliver the supply chain needs of the business efficiently, collaborating with all areas of the business to jointly deliver the business objectives.
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- A key member of the wider Reaction Engines Leadership Team
- Ensure the Supply Chain and Production Director is regularly informed of all important developments through formal and informal reporting
- Ensure collaboration and open 2 way communication across all functions with Supply Chain teams
- Customer focused, working with the Programme Management team on the programme objectives
Strategy and Supplier management
- Establish and publish the overall supply chain vision and strategy for Reaction Engines including Make / Buy definition
- Establish and manage key supplier partnership relationships
- Ensure adequate contract coverage and oversee contract negotiations
- Maximise opportunities for return on investment through commercial agreements while meeting the production schedule and objectives
- Monitor supply chain operational risk and integrate supplier management process within the business
- Develop and implement supply chain KPI’s and improvement plans to achieve high levels of execution.
- Integrate with demand management and production scheduling in estimating and forecasting to deliver budgets and timescales to customers (internal & external)
- Advocate for the creation of an innovative, delivery focussed and collaborative culture across Reaction Engines
- Focus on quality across the supply chain, DFM, lean manufacturing reinforcing continuous improvement at all levels in the organisation
- Shape, lead and define a high performing supply chain, well integrated within the wider organisation
- Recruit and retain and develop talent to meet future needs for the organisation
- Ensure the development and adoption of relevant policies, procedures, programmes and objectives
- Promote core company behaviours and accountability, leading by example
- Establish develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Reaction Engines’ corporate objectives
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation
This is an overview of the job and will be periodically reviewed and updated to ensure that the job description fully reflects the responsibilities required of the post holder.
- Proven ability to strategically lead and develop a supply chain organisation.
- Experience with capital projects and managing return on investment
- Global supply chain / manufacturing experience
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques along with ability to read and interpret engineering drawings & data.
- Able to build infrastructure and recruit and retain the right talent.
- Capability in contract definition and strength in negotiation
- Creation and reporting of key departmental metrics and KPI’s
- A track record in a blue-chip aerospace organisation or similar product development activities
- Experience in shaping business strategy and delivering complex programmes to government and aerospace prime contractors.
- A relevant degree-level qualification or equivalent.
Skills and Behaviours
- Able to work with multiple complex stakeholders with competing interests and priorities
- Customer focused
- The credibility to win and retain the confidence of the management team, shareholders and partners at executive level.
- Strong commercial and technical acumen.
- Absolute integrity and moral strength.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Team building style with an inclusive style of leadership.
- High-energy personality with the ability to thrive in a hard-working environment.
- A disciplined, well documented, and well communicated approach.
- Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference “021/2020 – Head of Supply Chain” Closing date: 04/12/2020
Please Note: We may close this vacancy before the closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
< Back to Vacancies