Reaction Engines is looking for a pragmatic, self-driven HR Advisor to join our small and friendly HR team on a 6 month fixed term basis. To be successful in this role, you will have experience in a generalist HR role, having delivered first-line HR advice to employees on the entire employee lifecycle.
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including but not limited to 30 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme and a life assurance scheme.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- First line HR support across the business providing pragmatic and comprehensive HR advice, escalating matters to the Senior HR Advisor/Head of HR where necessary.
- Provide advice and guidance to line managers and employees on employee relations and employment law topics such as maternity; short and long term sickness absence; flexible working requests & probation extensions
- Manage the recruitment process including advertising, arranging interviews, checking right to work documentation and making offers to candidates.
- Manage the induction process and facilitate on-boarding sessions
- Provide advice and support on the disciplinary and grievance process with the assistance of the Senior HR Advisor and ensure managers adhere to the defined timelines and processes.
- Manage the exit process including conducting exit interviews and reporting absence data
- Maintain accurate records on employees' right to work for audit purposes
- Proactively keep up to date with current legislation and best practice.
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with the current legislation
- Support and contribute to continuous improvement of HR and business processes and initiatives
- General admin as required including maintenance of the HR System and ensuring employee details are correct
- Co-ordinate HR activities and initiatives
- Other reasonable tasks as required
- Experience in an in-house recruitment role and direct sourcing of candidates an advantage
- Experience of managing low level employee relations case work
- Experience with Snowdrop-HR system an advantage
Skills and Behaviours
- Able to communicate at all levels of the business
- Proficient in using Microsoft office
- Ability to multi task and prioritise with initiative
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven problem solving skills
- Exhibit personal honesty and integrity at all times
- Flexible approach to achieve results
- A real passion and enthusiasm for people
- Discretion to process confidential and sensitive information relating to applicants and employees
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference “019/2020 HR Advisor”
Closing date: 18 August 2020
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
< Back to Vacancies