Reaction Engines has a unique opportunity for a strong Industrial Manufacturing Engineer that can help define the manufacturing activities, that are required to deliver a pioneering class of engine as we move forward to production stage of our SABRE development programme. The successful candidate will have a track record implementing and running robust industrial methods teams.
Job Role/ Purpose
Industrialisation Manager will be responsible for implementing a culture of industrialisation and quality assurance into the business. Managing methods and processes of production activities to ensure the manufacturability of the product with the required equipment capability, compliance with design intent, safety and quality/costs/time objectives, both on site, or at suppliers.
The role will define the industrialised manufacturing processes required to bring our concepts through development to production and sub-assemblies. Bridging design concepts and detailed drawings through to manufacturing and assembly layouts, in conjunction with supply chain strategy to meet the programme needs.
The individual will implement the tool sets to drive the business including, FMEA’s and effective root cause analysis to ensure we have a robust repeatable manufacturing processes. As well as quickly resolve any deviations in the expected outcome.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Implement a structure and culture of continuous improvement
- Bring production techniques and best practices to research and development processes
- Build an industrial methods team in business with appropriate resource to
- Conduct an assessment of sub assembly levels to be bought in and assembled in house
- Create a detailed manufacturing BOM
- Create detail manufacturing assembly layouts and instructions
- Define the manufacturing layout of the process in the shop floor
- Use lean principles in the layout and manufacturing processes,
- Implement and run tools sets including FMEA’s and RCA’s
- Asses and develop external manufacturing process for control and repeatability
- Define the manufacturing process required to meet the end product needs including
- Assembly techniques
- Test and inspection
- Define key characteristics and control points
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have a manufacturing engineer background. It is essential that he/she has experience of creating world class manufacturing processes from scratch.
- Manufacturing industrialisation background
- Engineering and design experience
- Experience of; design, services and material SOW and contract generation and validation
- Lean Principles qualification
- Strong influencing skills are essential and must compliment credibility
- Energetic, resourceful, resilient, flexible, a completer/finisher but a team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to energise a high-performing, matrixed team
- Able to represent the company in discussions with customers, suppliers and partners
- Experience in heavy engineering, construction or related industries
- Experience of supporting multiple projects
- Ability to achieve targets and use innovative solutions to rectify issues
- Personally motivated with a task oriented approach, ability to achieve objectives with right balance of self-initiative and calling on support where appropriate (key contact point for external legal advice)
- Good time keeping
- Practical approach to problem solving
- Flexible and proactive approach in order to get work done
- Motivated to deliver excellent customer service
- Discretion to manage confidential data
- Reliable and honest
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to Recruitment@reactionengines.co.uk quoting reference number 200/2019.
Competitive salary plus other additional benefits.
Closing date 24/03/2019.
Please include the following details in your email application for export control purposes, please note that if this information is not included, we will not be able to proceed with your application
- Current notice period
- Nationality (including any dual nationalities)
- Place of Birth
- Citizenships (including ones that are no longer held)
- Countries where Permanent residencies are held
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies