Pioneering innovation. Seamless teamwork. Unparalleled skill. Our people have always been our most valuable asset. They’re brilliant problem solvers who believe challenges are opportunities. We take pride in attracting the industry’s brightest minds and it is their diverse set of skills, personalities, and experiences that will help us achieve our ambitious goal. Sound good so far?
Then join us on our epic journey.
Reaction Engines is looking for an experienced and dynamic talent and leadership professional to drive the company’s talent strategy.
To provide strategic direction and delivery on talent, learning and leadership development across the business to ensure that we retain our talent and engage our people, ensuring the business has the skills for current and future objectives.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Create and deliver a cohesive talent, succession planning & L&D strategy across the business that aligns to the business objectives and provides career growth opportunities for employees
- Build upon our current progression process to ensure that it is consistent across all functions and clearly demonstrates lateral career pathways
- Drive the business towards a High Performing Culture
- Review the current talent mapping process and make improvements to be best practise
- Undertake regular talent mapping exercises to look at high potential employees with the Leadership team and develop action plans for development or management of those identified
- Ensure that Succession Plans are in place for all functions and that any retention risk areas are proactively managed and mitigated
- Define and roll out a dynamic management and leadership programmes including a suitable future talent programme
- Assist employees with personal learning and career development as well as develop and lead training activities
- Create and implement tools and support resources around talent management, performance management, professional and career development
- Provide guidance and act as an ‘expert’ across talent management and development at all levels
- Manage and continuously improve the Graduate, Apprentice and Intern schemes
- Responsible for all internal and external training including budget management, maintaining training records and logistical arrangements
- Experience in implementing talent programmes that have impact
- Knowledge of current Talent & Development methods
- Strong business acumen
- Highly developed presentation and facilitation skills with ability to operate at all levels of the organisation
- Experience as a trainer/ facilitator and a demonstrated passion for training and developing people
- Experience in L&D project/programme management
Skills and Behaviours
- A demonstrable passion for people development and proven track records of significant successful programme delivery
- A confident presence with strong leadership ability and influencing skills as well as necessary humility and empathy to be able to challenge candidly
- Proactive, creative and will have a clear sense of accountability
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days after 2 years’ service) plus public holidays, employee share scheme, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age. We also offer dynamic working where employees split their time working from home and from our office in Culham (average 2 days per week).
Salary: £42,000 to £48,000
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 033-2021 – Leadership and Talent BP
Closing date: 20 October 2021
< Back to Vacancies