We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to help us further research and develop our turbomachinery mechanical design & optimisation capabilities to develop exciting and innovative designs.
Using Matlab, Python or other programming/software codes, we are constantly developing our in-house tolls to design and optimise multi-fluid turbomachines for our Synergetic Air Breathing Rocket Engines (SABRE).
You will help define new, as well as improve, existing approaches on complex design problems looking to balance efficiency, manufacturability and reliability.
During the placement you will work with our small dynamic Turbomachinery department to:
- Explore design space for various configurations of turbomachine for our complex SABRE turbomachinery sub-systems
- Define and establish an approach for multidisciplinary design optimisation of complex multi-fluid turbomachinery
- Develop and improve methods for mechanical design, manufacturing and mechanical systems optimisation for turbomachinery.
- Aeronautical or mechanical Engineering background
- Understands and appreciates mechanical design & basic gas turbine principles
- Strong analytical mind-set and competent at working with programming languages
- Enthusiastic approach to solving problems
- Excellent communication skills and reporting.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter to Recruitment@reactionengines.co.uk quoting reference number 197/2018.
Closing date for applications 25/01/2019.
Please include the following details in your email application for export control purposes, please note if this information is not included, we will not be able to proceed with your application.
- Current notice period
- Nationality (including any dual nationalities)
- Place of Birth
- Citizenships (including ones that are no longer held)
- Countries where permanent residencies are held
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies