Reaction Engines is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to carry out design, analysis and management of the gas plant systems in support of the engine test facility and provide general mechanical engineering services to the test facility project. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills and excellent organisational skills including effective prioritisation of tasks to meet project milestones.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Specify / design of:
- Helium gas handling plant including recovery system
- Nitrogen purging system (deriving liquid nitrogen)
- Water handling plant
- Arrange for the manufacturing, installation and commissioning of the above plant
- Supporting the test & development programme (analysis of test results, proposing development modifications).
- Liaising with external contractors.
- Collating data and producing reports as required
- Working flexibly and dynamically within the Test Facility team, and across other Reaction Engines’ teams as required
- Any other duties suitable to the grade and role
- As a minimum must be educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering
Knowledge and Experience
- 5 year plus post graduate experience in either Petrol/Chemical industry/ Research environment
- Experience of ATEX and PED
- CAD experience is essential (Preferably Solidworks)
- Experience in the use of hand-calculations to solve basic mechanical design problems is essential
- Finite Element (FE) or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis experience is desirable
- Knowledge of material properties and compatibilities at both elevated and cryogenic temperatures is desirable
- Project and contract management experience is desirable
- Experience of working within an experimental design team is desirable
Skills and Behaviours
- Ability to work equally well on own initiative or as part of a team
- Strong presentation skills including experience of presenting technical data
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with external suppliers and stakeholders
- Excellent written skills including the ability to produce clear, timely and accurate reports
- Strong IT skills including MS Office
- Positive and flexible results driven attitude
- Willing to travel if necessary
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter to Recruitment@reactionengines.co.uk quoting reference number 177/2018.
Closing date 25/11/18.
Please include the following details in your email application for export control purposes, please note that if this information is not included, we will not be able to proceed with your application:
- Current Notice Period
- Nationality (including any dual nationalities)
- Place of Birth
- Citizenships (including ones that are no longer held)
- Countries where Permanent residencies are held
- Salary Expectation
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies