Reaction Engines is looking for a Modelling Engineer to join the team on a full time, permanent basis.
You will be required to act as part of the aerothermal methods development team at Reaction Engines. The role is primarily concerned with the on-going development, testing, and maintenance of in-house engine modelling tools. The work also includes being the focal point for contact with engine subsystem teams to ensure that model development matches user requirements. The successful applicant will also support users and subsystem development teams to deliver model results on time. The candidate will be working on the cutting edge of aerospace engine development for future high-speed flight and space launch applications, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 30 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and 50% off onsite childcare (for children under 3 years of age).
Principal accountabilites & responsibilities
Significant experience in developing code in MATLAB
Experience in modelling and coding 0D/1D thermo-fluid networks and thermodynamic processes
Experience in managing code development with a version control system.
Experience designing, building and running numerical test software.
Experience of application of software lifecycle including, requirements capture, user interaction design, unit testing, system verification/validation, system rollout, change control and configuration management.
Experience working in a software development team.
Experience in developing physical models in Simulink and/or Simscape
Experience in the design and development of Graphical User Interfaces (GUI).
Experience designing and building text-based user interaction software.
Experience of developing software in a Linux environment.
Experience in performance analysis of aerospace systems.
Experience in data acquisition, experimental testing, error analysis, and developing statistical models, including Monte Carlo models
Skills & Behaviours
- Expert in the MATLAB scripting language
- Programming in a high-level compiled language (Fortran, C, C++, Pascal or similar).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio or similar IDE on MS Windows systems.
- Familiarity with version control software, preferably TortoiseSVN
- Possesses a strong, independent analysis and problem solving capability
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary integrated team environment
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking on, and propose alternative solutions for, known development tasks and issues
- Excellent numeracy and technical writing skills
- Understanding of numerical simulation methods, including Newton-Raphson solvers and numerical integration.
- Understanding of aerospace engineering including thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and engine performance analysis.
- Understanding of experimental testing, data acquisition, error analysis and statistical representations including Monte Carlo methods.
- Knowledge of an industry performance modelling suite, such as Simscape, NPSS, or EcosimPro.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference “005/2020 Modelling Engineer”.
Closing Date: Wednesday 26 February 2020
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies