A performance engineer is required to act as part of the dynamic model development team at Reaction Engines. The role involves working on the in-house dynamic simulation code written in SIMSCAPE and SIMULINK. The work includes interacting with the engine subsystem teams to ensure the clear and consistent exchange of data and design as well as achieving a simulation that is as close as possible to reality, and capable of running in real time to support control system development. The work is challenging and you will be working on the cutting edge of aerospace engine development for a future high-speed flight and space launch application.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Modelling of 0D/1D thermo-fluid networks and thermodynamic processes
- Analysing performance of complex aerospace systems
- Experienced in use of MATLAB, particularly in a control and simulation role
- Experienced in use of SIMULINK, particularly in an aerospace, aerothermal, or engine-related field
- MEng or equivalent in a related engineering subject
- Excellent knowledge of MATLAB and SIMULINK software
Excellent knowledge in 0D/1D modelling thermo-fluid systems and thermodynamic processes
Able to work well both individually and in a team setting
Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
Closing Date - Wednesday 20th November 2019
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference "244/2019 Performance Engineer".
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies