Reaction Engines is looking for Production Technicians to join the team on a 6-12 month fixed term contract basis, working a shift pattern covering production hours of 6am – 10pm. The post holders will operate primarily in support of the manufacturing of advanced heat exchanger products, undertaking a range of technical tasks focussing on the preparation and completion of heat exchanger assemblies and acceptance testing. The role addresses the requirement for careful identification of component parts and a methodical and neat approach to the assembly and preparation, for processing, of a range of delicate and technically complex assemblies.
- To demonstrate excellent custodianship of components and technical assemblies, some of which may belong to third party clients
- To follow technical procedures and instructions ensuring accurate data capture to ensure full traceability
- To provide timely communication to supervisory staff in respect of the progress of delegated tasks, technical issues likely to affect progress and identified possibilities for improvement
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Reaction Engines' corporate objectives
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- To acquire relevant knowledge relating to their specific job role: assembly/ vacuum brazing/ EDM machining/ leak inspection and acceptance testing
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Prior work in a manufacturing production environment, preferably in high value intricate assemblies
- Good numerical skills
- Good housekeeping skills, contributing to the maintenance of a clean and tidy working environment
- Good interactional skills
- An attention to fine detail
- A willingness to work flexibly, setting a priority on meeting deadlines to avoid costly delays
- Good manual dexterity and sound observational skills
- Vacuum brazing/ vacuum heat treatment experience
- Wire EDM operator
- A degree/HND level qualification or equivalent in an engineering discipline is desirable but not required so long as the applicant demonstrate appropriate previous experience and attributes for the role
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference “Production Technician”.
Please state your rate expectation.
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies