Pioneering innovation. Seamless teamwork. Unparalleled skill. Our people have always been our most valuable asset. They’re brilliant problem solvers who believe challenges are opportunities. We take pride in attracting the industry’s brightest minds and it is their diverse set of skills, personalities, and experiences that will help us achieve our ambitious goal. Sound good so far?
Then join us on our epic journey.
Reaction Engines is looking for a resourceful and engaging Programme Buyer to join our exciting business.
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age.
The position of Programme Buyer is responsible for raising and coordinating purchase orders across a range of internal stakeholders within the company. The Programme Buyer will assist the various indirect operations teams to define and action their supply chain needs, to improve their level of service from suppliers, and to develop a strategy to better secure their needs.
In addition, the Programme Buyer will own the supply chain systems, ensuring that buyers are inputting the correct information to purchase orders, and ensuring that buyers have visibility of the actions required to maintain their order books. The Programme Buyer will become the subject matter expert for how our system operates and how we use the information.
The ideal person will understand the various sources of customer service, and will be motivated to identify and pursue opportunities to develop existing ways of working. They will recognise the evolving nature of both this role and the wider business, and will be able to independently manage their priorities and schedule to deliver the highest value.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Create and maintain a commodity strategy for the Indirect category:
- Identify the key Indirect departments in which to deploy Supply Chain strategy
- Develop relationships with the key Indirect stakeholders, and define customer service in each area
- Support stakeholders with defining Supply Chain needs in a way that is appropriate for suppliers
- Facilitate supplier engagement and the value stream from concept to service delivery
- Risk Analysis – Identification and resolution of supply issues in order to meet business commitments against planned milestones
- Develop and maintain contractual agreements with suppliers when appropriate
- Issue Non-Disclosure Agreements as required
- Make recommendations on improvements to achieve cost, quality and delivery targets
Purchase order management:
- Process requests to purchase from stakeholders, and correct any errors
- Raise and expedite purchase orders, and manage order books with suppliers where appropriate
- Support the Direct buyers with purchase order management during peaks of activity
- Close off invoice queries or non-conformances
Procurement systems management:
- Oversee the supply chain team’s maintenance of the database
- Maintain and distribute routine team reports
- Liaise with both the team and stakeholder groups to ensure that data is input correctly
- Suggest continuous improvements to make the data more meaningful
Standard accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Relevant purchasing or supply chain experience
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Powerpoint
- Experience working in a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Previous use of supply chain / P2P software
- MCIPS, or working towards it
- Degree/HND-level or equivalent qualification
Skills and Behaviours
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Good numerical skills, and comfortable working with data
- Effectively manages changing priorities
- Able to work well within a team
- Focussed on customer service
- Willingness to work flexibly, putting priority on meeting deadlines to avoid costly delay
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and with external suppliers and customers
- Willingness to travel if necessary, and to support engagement with customers and partners
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference 020-2021 – Programme Buyer
< Back to Vacancies