Pioneering innovation. Seamless teamwork. Unparalleled skill. Our people have always been our most valuable asset. They’re brilliant problem solvers who believe challenges are opportunities. We take pride in attracting the industry’s brightest minds and it is their diverse set of skills, personalities, and experiences that will help us achieve our ambitious goal. Sound good so far?
Then join us on our epic journey.
Reaction Engines is looking for a Programme Manager to join our exciting business.
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age.
To ensure the successful delivery of the Programme and portfolio of Sub-Projects including client interface, working with and supporting the Business Development and Engineering teams to meet Customer expectations and the Company’s business objectives.
The Programme Manager will report to the Programmes Director within the Reaction Engines’ Programmes function and will be based at Culham Science Centre, Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Responsibilities may include delivery of projects and programmes within various business groups, for example within Advanced or Future Programmes.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Previously managed innovative programmes aligned to aerospace and / or defence, with a demonstrable track record of successful Programme delivery with proven project management ability. The Programme Manager must have a background sufficient to appreciate the technologies and technical issues involved with the Programme, to be able to anticipate and identify critical obstacles, and to ensure accurate and timely technology decisions are made
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ previous experience in project management
- An appreciation of the engineering requirements of the Programme
- A recognised project management qualification
- An engineering degree is desirable whilst an additional business, management or science degree would be an advantage.
Skills and Behaviours
- Strong negotiating and decision making skills
- Strong client relationship building
- Commercial acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a team player with the ability to lead and motivate people
- Must work well under their own initiative
- Must have excellent organisation with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to challenge and influence at a senior management level
- Ability to operate under pressure and tight deadlines
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference 009-2021 – Programme Manager
Closing date: 4th March 2021
< Back to Vacancies