Reaction Engines is seeking an enthusiastic Programme Sourcing Manager to support the programme tendering and sourcing process to ensure required cost/profitability levels and wider commercial objectives are achievable and contracted for to meet the customer requirements and company’s business strategy.
A key member of a multi-discipline project team, providing the interface with the supply chain and programme team to define the programmes’ needs and deliver a strategy capable of delivering those needs in the most total cost effective manner while protecting the company IP and commercial position.
Responsible for defining programmes’ supply chain needs, jointly conducting make buy analysis, identifying the supplier profiles for outsourced content and contracting with those suppliers that best meet our requirements. Jointly creating SOW packages and conducting relevant ITT activities, assess proposals to evaluation criteria, make sourcing decisions and contractual alignment relevant to company strategy and the marketplace. To protect company intellectual property assets though ensuring up to date and applicable NDAs and constant overview and review of intellectual property portfolio and ensure in adherence to Intellectual Property Committee objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Create and implement supply chain commercial framework to meet the company requirements, including but not limited to:
- Define programmes’ needs
- Make and present sourcing strategies
- Tendering documents
- Validation of SOW packages
- Ensure flow down of customer and agency requirements in our contractual obligations
- Negotiation of costs, schedules and terms associated with contracted requirements
- Support the Programme Manager in creating and tracking the programmes’ costs with regards to outsourced activity.
Create and maintain a commodity supply chain strategy
- Summarising the supply chain strategy by commodity
- Make available to all relevant programme members the sourcing strategies
- Risk analysis – identification and resolution of supply issues in order to meet business commitments against planned milestones
- Facility supplier engagement and delivery from concept to hardware delivery
- Validate design services proposed supply chain and manufacturing strategies
- Manage design changes with suppliers to ensure any costs and obsolescence incurred are minimised whilst maintaining delivery in line with project requirements.
- Place and expedite orders in line with project requirements, managing suppliers' capacity constraints in line with the dynamic environment of design and development
Monitoring the execution of all contractual obligations in place with:
- Project teams
Developing a practical, commercial approach to protect the company's interests and project margins
- Support the supply chain manager, deputising when needed and the programme teams to define the supply chain strategy for all design and sourcing activities
- Identify business risks and provide input to risk management model
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will be commercially-orientated with sufficient gravitas to inspire and give confidence to both colleagues and customers. It is essential that he/she has experience of bidding for and managing substantial contracts
- Strong supply chain management back ground
- Ideally with chartered membership of a professional body
- Ideally currently in a senior supply chain or commercial officer / manager role
- Financially astute, perceptive and intuitive, with strong commercial judgement, supported by excellent contractual expertise
- Experienced in defining supply chain strategies
- Experience in a complex bid management and negotiation in a complex commercial environment
- Experience of; design, services and material SOW and contract generation and validation
- Strong influencing skills are essential and must compliment credibility
- Energetic, resourceful, resilient, flexible, a completer/finisher but a team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to energise a high-performing, matrixed team
- Able to represent the company in discussions with customers, suppliers and partners
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in heavy engineering, construction or related industries
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at a contract management level
- Experience of supporting multiple projects
- Excellent contract and risk management skills, a problem solver
- Ability to achieve targets and use innovative solutions to rectify issues
- Personally motivated with a task oriented approach, ability to achieve objectives with right balance of self-initiative and calling on support where appropriate (key contact point for external legal advice)
- Good time keeping
- Practical approach to problem solving
- Flexible and proactive approach in order to get work done
- Motivated to deliver excellent customer service
- Discretion to manage confidential data
- Reliable and honest
Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to Recruitment@reactionengines.co.uk quoting reference number 201/2019.
Closing date 07/04/19.
Please include the following details in your email application for export control purposes, please note that if this information is not included, we will not be able to proceed with your application:
- Current notice period
- Nationality (including any dual nationalities)
- Place of birth
- Citizenships (including ones that are no longer held)
- Salary expectation
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies