Are you a Quality Assurance Engineer with experience maintaining and developing a quality management system? Do you have experience working in the Aerospace / space industry? If so, we are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join Reaction Engines, a leading organisation that specialises in the design and development for the next generation of Aerospace engines.
Job Role/ Purpose
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for helping to develop and maintain the Company’s Quality Management System.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Accountable for developing quality systems compliant with ISO9001 quality management standard and for monitoring the health of the quality management system, ensuring its integrity is maintained.
Development, implementation and maintenance of quality assurance policies, plans and procedures to ensure compliance with appropriate quality standards;
- Working with the relevant Company departments and staff to ensure successful implementation of quality assurance policies, plans and procedures;
- Verification of compliance to quality processes by undertaking internal quality audits;
- Undertaking supplier audits to ensure compliance with required quality standards;
- Planning, implementation and monitoring of corrective measures from audit findings;
- Working with and managing external auditors;
- Assessing customer quality requirements and ensuring that these are met;
- Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager on the status of the development, implementation and maintenance of the Quality Assurance System;
- Identification of improvements to the Quality Management System and the implementation of appropriate changes.
- Acting as the Quality Assurance Representative in project teams.
Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant technical subject.
Membership of an appropriate professional body (IQA etc.) would be desirable.
Knowledge and Experience
Significant previous quality assurance experience in the aerospace and/or space engineering sector is essential, including knowledge, implementation and use of and ISO 9001.
Experience in quality assurance auditing (both internal and with suppliers);
Experience with design for manufacture and product development lifecycle;
Experience with quality tools, including root cause and corrective action and process auditing;
Understanding of requirements management systems.
A knowledge of BS EN 9100, ECSS Quality Assurance standards and experience in software quality assurance is desirable.
Skills and Behaviours
Excellent leadership and decision-making abilities.
Self-motivated but with the ability to work successfully with inter-disciplinary teams, providing guidance and inspiration.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present complex data to stakeholders at all levels, including Customers and Senior Management.
Work to a high level of detail and establish appropriate priorities in carrying out responsibilities and in meeting deadlines;
Excellent IT skills including standard office applications.
Ability to build effective working relationships quickly in a busy and challenging, dynamic organisation; demonstrates behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values; - Delivery, -Innovation, - Teamwork, -Commitment and –Quality.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter to Recruitment@reactionengines.co.uk quoting reference number 124/2018.
Closing date 03/03/2019.
Please include the following details in your email application for export control purposes, please note that if this information is not included, we will not be able to proceed with your application:
- Current Notice Period
- Nationality (including any dual nationalities)
- Place of Birth
- Citizenships (including ones that are no longer held)
- Countries where Permanent residencies are held
- Salary Expectation
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies