Reaction Engines is seeking a contractor to perform systems engineering tasks as directed as part of the systems team on the SABRE engine. Key responsibilities include ensuring system level outcomes are delivered to time and cost including inputs to SE gates, test and verification, requirements management and interfaces plus some input to performance models.
Requirements management, Interface management, test, verification and validation, risk analysis, sensitivity analysis, supplier interface, system integration, build logic, inputs to SE gates and milestones, fluidics and performance
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject
- Membership of a professional body such as INCOSE or IET etc. is considered an advantage
- Should have some formal training in Systems Engineering
- Should be familiar with the full development lifecycle
- Should have a grasp of basic thermodynamics
- Experience of leading large scale system development as a systems engineer (>£1M)
- Experience of performance modelling in particular fluidics
- Experience of gas turbine engine development an advantage
- Experience of interacting with suppliers
- Experience of system integration
- Experience of leading test campaigns
- Experience of working closely with Project Managers
- Must have strong communication skills
- Should be familiar with DOORS
- Strong team member
- Willing to provide input to a diverse range of activities, even those that may not directly relate to SE at times
- Able to take the 'system view' of a project and interact with subject 'experts'
- Comfortable in discussions with product engineers and at director level
- Willing to travel if necessary
Closing date 14/04/19.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to Recruitment@reactionengines.co.uk quoting reference number 205/2019.
Please include the following details in your application for export control purposes, please note that if this information is not included, we will not be able to proceed with your application:
- Current notice period
- Nationality (including any dual nationalities)
- Place of birth
- Citizenships (including ones that are no longer held)
- Countries where Permanent residencies are held
- Salary expectation
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies