Reaction Engines is looking for a Test Operations Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for HS&E within the test facility and have overall responsibility for the day to day running and coordination of test activities, maintenance of all plant equipment and control systems and Cryogenic, Hydrogen, Helium and Nitrogen and control equipment within the test facility. The post-holder will manage the design/analysis of the gas plant systems in support of the engine test facility and arrange the manufacturing, installation and commissioning of the plant.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the test & development programme (analysis of test results, proposing development modifications).
- Liaising with external contractors
- Collating data and producing reports as required
- Working flexibly and dynamically within the Test Facility team, and across other REL teams as required.
- Any other duties suitable to the grade and role
- Management of plant maintenance and certification standard
- Safe operation of all activities
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Experience of running safety critical test facilities
- Experience in technical team leadership and management
- Experience in the handling and management of and cryogenic fluids
- Significant post graduate experience in either Petrol/Chemical industry/ Research environment.
- Experience of ATEX and PED.
- Knowledge of material properties and compatibilities at both elevated and cryogenic temperatures
- Finite Element (FE) or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis experience
- Project and contract management experience is desirable
- Experience of working within an experimental design team is desirable
- Culture of continuous improvement within the business
- Customer focused
- Ability to work equally well on own initiative or as part of a team
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong organisational skills including effective prioritisation of tasks to meet project milestones
- Strong presentation skills including experience of presenting technical data.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with external suppliers & stakeholders
- Excellent written skills including the ability to produce clear, timely and accurate reports
- Strong IT skills including MS Office
- Positive and flexible results driven attitude
- Willing to travel if necessary
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference “Test Operations Manager”.
Reward: Competitive salary, excellent company benefits
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies