Pioneering innovation. Seamless teamwork. Unparalleled skill. Our people have always been our most valuable asset. They’re brilliant problem solvers who believe challenges are opportunities. We take pride in attracting the industry’s brightest minds and it is their diverse set of skills, personalities, and experiences that will help us achieve our ambitious goal. Sound good so far?
Then join us on our epic journey.
Reaction Engines is looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Trainee Manufacturing Technician to join our Manufacturing Department.
We have an exciting opportunity for Trainee Technicians to join our Manufacturing team. We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals, who have an eye for detail and a desire to make a difference. Full training will be given to ensure the necessary skills are achieved during which you will report to one of our mentors. This job is a starting point for a successful career in a manufacturing environment with a development structure and future opportunities within the organisation. You will have the opportunity to work across many disciplines. Due to the nature of this role it would suit someone with a BTEC as a minimum, but someone with a passion for Engineering or Science will also be considered.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assembling products by following engineering drawings/build notes as scheduled by the Supervisor.
- Ensuring that production requirements are met within time, cost and quality.
- Make recommendations to suggest better ways of manufacturing and support the company’s ethos on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identify new processes and equipment to improve quality, performance and ultimately market growth.
- Handling delicate mechanical products with care during the assembly process.
- Always maintain a clean and clear workspace, including the product assembly cleanliness, raising any concerns of possible contamination to the supervisor
- Establish develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Reaction Engines’ corporate objectives
- Observe and comply with all company policies and procedures and for Health and Safety at Work
- Observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- No previous experience is essential
- Assembly experience
- Cleanroom experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- BTEC level 2 or above
Skills and Behaviours
- A keen eye for detail
- Pride in completing work to a high standard
- Finds practical & technical tasks engaging and stimulating
- Good at problem solving
- Enjoys understanding processes and mechanisms
- Basic MS Office skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Ability to read and work technical documents
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines' core values:
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age.
Salary: £18,000 to £21,000
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Thursday
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 022-2021 – Trainee Manufacturing Technician
< Back to Vacancies