Reaction Engines is seeking a Vehicle Systems Engineer to carry out conceptual design of Sabre powered launch and cruise vehicles, thereby ensuring that engine performance characteristics are matched to vehicle requirements. The purpose of the role is to investigate the technical feasibility and preliminary design of Sabre flight test vehicles and support high speed flight propulsion system studies by supplying generic vehicle concepts and performance modelling.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Project management and reporting of vehicle conceptual design and analysis activities to meet the programme schedule
- Vehicle mass budgets and payload accounting
- Liaising with outside customers, industrial and academic partners on vehicle activities
- Working closely with the Performance & Aerodynamics, Structures and Dynamic Modelling teams
- Broad knowledge of aircraft and rocket vehicle and propulsion system engineering
- Aerospace industry or academic experience essential
- Project and contract management experience
- Degree and/or PhD in Aeronautical or Mechanical engineering
Skills and behaviours
- Ability to work equally well unsupervised or as part of a team
- Strong organising and prioritisation of tasks
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business and with outside organisations
- Positive and flexible attitude to get the job done
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values of Commitment, Innovation, Trust, Quality and Teamwork
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to Recruitment@reactionengines.co.uk quoting reference "Vehicle Systems Engineer."
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.
Back to Vacancies